WNY HEALTHCARE EDUCATION & EQUIPMENT
Policy & Protocol
To those attending training at WNY Healthcare Education facilities. For the health, safety, and wellbeing of everyone entering these premises, we would like to inform you of measures we are taking in considering of preventing the spread of disease.
For your safety, WNYHE is currently carrying out regular daily disinfection of highly touched surfaces and high traffic areas within our facility. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Careful disinfection of all tables, chairs, training areas, bathrooms, and floors, with additional general disinfectant spraying throughout the premises.
- Careful disinfection before use of all training equipment, including all manikins, tubes, and all other training materials used in our classes.
- No sharing of equipment, everyone will work on equipment assigned to them only.
- Temperature and health screening will be done as you arrive
AHA SPECIAL LIMITED TRAINING RULES IN PLACE AT THIS TIME
To limit the spread of infectious disease, the American Heart Association (AHA) has temporarily limited its normal strict training regimes to further reduce risk by close contact with equipment and with others, including:
- Both before and after class, all students are requested to carefully wash hands in warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Ample hand sanitizer will be available
- Face shields and direct mouth-to-mouth ventilations will not be practiced
- There will be no sharing of face masks
- You may be requested to use bag valve masks and gloves by your instructor
- We request you to spread out in the classroom area; additional space will be given between groups practicing on manikins
- Manikins we be disinfected more frequently
To see the full AHA policy, you may ask a WNYHE instructor for a copy, or you may go to the American Heart Association instructor website: https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.